Doc Mustache and My Fabulous Pillows!



This distinguished fellow was inspired by Doctor Seuss (happy belated!). I made him for a sweet little baby who is visiting for a couple of days. Doc is pictured here with the pillows I finally got around to making- now it's time to re-upholster the couch.



The inspiration for the pillows just arrived in the mail and I am so delighted. I love these two books by Amy Karol.




I have other sewing books, but my relationship with them is not so good; I open them, look at a project, read the instructions, doubt my abilities, and move on to something else. Bend the Rules with Fabric: Fun Sewing Projects with Stencils, Stamps, Dye, Photo Transfers, Silk Screening, and More gets into all kinds of creative ways to work with and manipulate fabric; printing, dying, painting and free-motion stitching. Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew covers the basics of learning to sew and features simple sewing projects for gifts, for home and for children. The way that Amy has written these books can make the amateur really feel like they can sew and play with textiles; like it's easy and fun. The photos in these books are also very lovely!

Thanks for the inspiration Amy!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.