Folklore Bag


Check it out! I made myself a new bag last week and I totally love it! This is the folklore bag from the book, One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects. I've been dog-earring this book for a very long time now but this is the first pattern I've made from it.

I veered from the instructions just slightly; I used heavy-weight fusible interfacing instead of medium-weight and I was concerned that the straps would be too floppy and I didn't have anymore interfacing left so I folded them in half twice. This means the straps ended up being narrower than the pattern called for. I'm glad that I made these minor changes as the bag feels extra sturdy (which is good because I tend to always pack my bags to the brim) and I love the weight and the thickness of the straps.

There's a pocket inside just the right size for my phone and lip balm. I didn't do anything fancy like line it with a contrasting fabric though maybe I should have... I'm already making plans for the next time I sew a bag. It was a very satisfying project.

I'm looking forward to making some more things from this great little book! There is another One Yard Wonders book that has been on my wishlist for months, Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects Using Cottons, Knits, Voiles, Corduroy, Fleece, Flannel, Home Dec, Oilcloth, Wool, and Beyond This book also looks fantastic and it even contains a pattern for making your own umbrella!

Have you made anything you really love lately?

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.